Lead blockchain engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a chance to join a cutting-edge trailblazing company, working with fast-paced emerging technologies and to be part of the NFT digital ownership revolution.
Reality Gaming Group is an award-winning developer and publisher of blockchain-based games, NFT digital collectibles and bespoke marketplaces for global brands.
We’re looking for a Lead Blockchain Engineer to join our small but super passionate team, working in an exciting start-up environment across multiple projects and industries, connecting the world of traditional video games to the emerging world of blockchain.
The ideal candidate will be used to working in a fast-paced environment and be able take their own initiative and be willing to work across all levels. Reporting to the Studio Director, we are looking for someone with programming experience in the blockchain industry who has successfully deployed projects in the market. This person will be passionate about Blockchain and ideally also the Games Industry!
- Work directly with the Studio Director to; manage all blockchain projects
- Define coding standards across blockchain programming, including but not limited to smart contract creation
- Design and implement processes around live service blockchain operations, such as incident response, key management, change management and more
- Work with various teams and the wider community to engage with new trends and opportunities revealed by internal data, blockchain research and the wider blockchain industry.
- Provide training and guidance for other members.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years as a software developer with at least 1+ years of blockchain development
- A Strong background working with Blockchain backend stacks, such as; web3, ethers, truffle, smart contracts and general blockchain architectures
- EVM experience
- Experienced with SQL and/or NoSQL
- A track record of successful project implementations through full project lifecycles
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of blockchain solutions across for the Studio
- Strong unit and integration testing with attention to detail, quality, and performance
- A self-starter who is creative, energetic, and willing to learn, with a genuine passion for games, tech, NFTs and blockchain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to describe complex technical issues, strategies, and approaches to a non-technical audience
- Work in internal and external development teams reporting up to a Project Director/Lead when on assignment
- Coach and mentor other members of the development team, growing the collective knowledge and expertise of the group
- Comfortable synthesizing technical and non-technical objectives
- A systematic and detail-oriented problem-solving approach
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Excitement about the unknown–you are excited about learning new technologies and solving hard problems.
- Rust or other non Etheruem blockchain/smart contract experience
- Experience trading NFTs or participating in NFT communities.
- Games industry work experience
- Knowledge of and genuine interest in any of our products and sub-industries… especially Doctor Who!
- Experience working in a busy start-up environment and taking on many different roles or projects at once.
- Direct experience working on blockchain or NFT gaming projects.
- Experience with golang, chain code, web3.js, Geth, Corda, AWS, Bluemix, Azure, Stellar
- Certifications in blockchain technologies
- Github with recent blockchain coding sample to view
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however, our London office remains open for flexible use, and we are considering a central UK studio premises in the near future. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique and we will work with you to consider the best way for you to join RGG.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to email@example.com or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.