ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a chance to join a cutting-edge trailblazing studio, working with fast-paced emerging technologies and to be part of the digital ownership revolution.
Reality Gaming Group (RGG) is a developer and publisher of new gaming experiences and collectibles that utilise NFT and blockchain technologies at their core.
RGG is looking for a passionate Lead Artist to join the team and help deliver ground-breaking games to millions of players around the world. The successful candidate will assist RGG in releasing ‘Doctor Who: Worlds Apart’, a new CCG where players have true ownership of their personal game content.
This is an exciting time to join RGG, who have been paving the way for NFT utilising games since 2017.
- As a Lead Artist, you will be dedicated to balancing creative vision with production, design and code to produce high quality assets.
- Work with the Studio Director to ensure art practices, standards and pipelines are followed and optimised for our products and team.
- Share art knowledge and recommend best practices within the studio.
- Work with Production to identify/track development risks and issues, providing mitigations and solutions for art related tasks.
- Participate in project scheduling, helping other artists to estimate tasks and identify dependencies.
- Help to maintain the flow of information and feedback for artists across the team, working in a clear, concise, and constructive manner.
- Manage, mentor and nurture existing art staff, lead by example, drive change, and inspire others to generate new ideas.
- Identify and propose additional art staffing needs.
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other dependent teams.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Studio Director, producers, leads, and other teams to continually push quality.
- Ensure that assets respect the artistic vision of the game, meet the quality standards and not only make best use of any licensed IP but stay within the boundaries of any licensor requirements.
- Champion and encourage creative, original and inventive thinking within the team.
- Recognise and seek to understand different people’s perspectives to reach a suitable compromise or solution for the good of the project.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in the Games Industry.
- Shipped multiple titles in either a lead or senior role.
- Strong artistic skills.
- Experience in team leadership and management.
- Easily able to translate concept and reference artwork into high quality game art.
- Expert knowledge of the video game development process and production pipelines.
- A creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude.
- Expert knowledge of 3D software such as Maya or Blender.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop or Substance Painter.
- Experience of working and implementing artwork to a game engine such as Unity.
- Enjoy working with people and helping to find solutions to issues collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail.
- Be comfortable managing and inspiring team members with your natural leadership abilities.
- Remain cool, calm and collected when faced with issues.
- Embrace and help others to embrace positive changes within the Studio.
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT GAMES.
- Free-to-play or play-to-earn game experience.
- Enjoy a wide spectrum of games covering many genres.
- Be interested in blockchain technologies such as NFTs.
- Experience developing on iOS & Android as well as desktop applications and web-based games.
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however, our London office remains open for flexible use, and we are considering a central UK studio premises in the near future. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique and we will work with you to consider the best way for you to join RGG.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to email@example.com or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.