LEAD BACK-END WEB DEVELOPER
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a chance to join a cutting-edge trailblazing studio, working with fast-paced emerging technologies and to be part of the digital ownership revolution.
Reality Gaming Group (RGG) is a developer and publisher of new gaming experiences and collectibles that utilise NFT and blockchain technologies at their core.
RGG is looking for passionate Web Developers to join the team and help deliver ground-breaking games to millions of players around the world. The successful candidates will assist RGG in releasing ‘Doctor Who: Worlds Apart’, a new CCG where players have true ownership of their personal game content.
This is an exciting time to join RGG, who have been paving the way for NFT utilising games since 2017.
- We are currently looking for a Lead Web Developer to lead a team for the new Creative and Web Services Department within the company. You will be energetic, bursting with creativity and ready to lead a team into the next era of the company’s development. You will be working with cutting-edge technologies, including the metaverse, Web3, blockchain and crypto! The Lead Web Designer role is vital to the production and delivery of all our websites within the business. You will assist the team to maintain, enhance, rebuild, and add new functionality to the web platform that supports both the studio and the game projects. You will work closely with a variety of other channel experts to help deliver fantastic websites and user experiences. We are looking for someone who can lead the team and the platform into its next stage of development. Someone who is confident in leading the way and can clearly demonstrate how we can do it. Someone who can provide inspiration, direction, and career progression for the rest of the team.
- You will have an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your experience with ecommerce sites and building them from the ground up.
Proven abilities covering the following points are desirable:
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
- Follow and contribute to coding, deployment and documentation standards within the team;
- Contribute to a highly stable user experience through appropriate testing and careful management of the deployment process;
- Stay up to date with technology advances within the field and contribute to the ongoing skill growth within the team;
- Participate in and request code reviews as required.
- Support your manager and team with any ad-hoc duties relevant to maintaining and enhancing the high quality of service the team currently provides.
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Worked with backend services (e.g. Analytics, Magento 1.0, Magento 2.0, Purchasing, AWS, GameSparks, etc)
- Knowledge of web development frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, C# .Net, Laravel)
- CDNs such as AWS CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly or Akamai
- Experience designing and building robust and scalable software platforms in cloud infrastructure (eg. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of databases (e.g. MongoDB, SQL)
- Knowledge of creating and interacting with REST APIs
- Knowledge of application deployment pipelines and tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab) is desirable
- Experience in device and browser compatibility is desirable
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Code and source control is desirable
- Able to identify practical and efficient solutions to implement feature requests
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Bachelor’s degree in web development or equivalent
- Experience working within and supporting a creative team.
- Experience working alongside Designers
- Proficient in presenting ideas to stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Time management.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a Web Development role.
On a day-to-day basis, this requires:
You will work closely with the Game Studio & the Creative and Web Studio and will be required to plan, scope and build prototypes and improve the current user experiences across all our websites and platforms. You will collaborate with management, the design team, marketing, and other stake holders to define and improve our platform and websites.
You will provide clear direction for the studio moving forward. You will work on short term and long-term project goals, giving you flexibility and variety in work.
You will work alongside other developers to ensure a high quality and consistency of work output.
- Work closely with the Creative and Web Services Manager in strategising and building new and existing product developments.
- Continuously improve user experience.
- Identify opportunities to improve our workflow.
- The ability to plan and execute clear development goals.
- You will work with Designers & Developers to ensure a high quality and consistency of work output
- Work with clients to understand their requirements and keep them updated on progress.
- Test new websites to ensure everything is looking and working as expected.
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however, our London office remains open for flexible use, and we are considering a central UK studio premises in the near future. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique and we will work with you to consider the best way for you to join RGG.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.