ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a chance to join a cutting-edge trailblazing studio, working with fast-paced emerging technologies and to be part of the digital ownership revolution.
Reality Gaming Group (RGG) is a developer and publisher of new gaming experiences and collectibles that utilise NFT and blockchain technologies at their core.
RGG is looking for a passionate Lead Programmer to join the team and help deliver ground-breaking games to millions of players around the world. The successful candidate will assist RGG in releasing ‘Doctor Who: Worlds Apart’, a new CCG where players have true ownership of their personal game content.
This is an exciting time to join RGG who have been paving the way for NFT utilising games since 2017.
- Work with the Studio Director to ensure development practices and Studio coding standards are followed and optimised for our products and teams. Manage a programming team at technical and personal level
- Manage, mentor and nurture existing technical staff, lead by example
- Identify and propose additional technical staffing needs
- Ensure all technical aspects and processes are sufficiently documented for various use cases
- Strive for and motivate your staff to deliver the highest possible quality products
- Plan and direct the work of the Programming team
- Work with designers to implement gameplay, meta-systems and user interface elements to their specifications
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to investigate and fix technical issues and bugs
- Ensure stability of the various environments for the entire development team
- Work with Production to identify/track development risks and issues, providing mitigations and solutions
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in the Games Industry
- Shipped multiple titles in either a lead or senior role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- Strong Programming skills, proficiency in C#/C++
- Experience in working with both client and backend server technologies would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Enjoy working with people and helping to find solutions to issues collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
- Be able to convey complex subjects of game development in a way that non studio staff can digest and understand
- Support and understand free-to-play and play-to-earn business models
- Be comfortable managing and inspiring team members with your natural leadership abilities
- Facilitate the team achieving their goals
- Remain cool, calm and collected when faced with issues
- Embrace and help others to embrace positive changes in the development process
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT GAMES
- Enjoy a wide spectrum of games covering many genres
- Be interested in blockchain technologies such as NFTs
- Experience developing on iOS & Android as well as desktop applications and web-based games
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important to us, we are currently operating in a remote working model, however, our London office remains open for flexible use, and we are considering a central UK studio premises in the near future. We understand each person’s circumstances are unique and we will work with you to consider the best way for you to join RGG.
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied and current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.